At Mesa Women’s Healthcare, we are fully equipped to perform most in-office ultrasound exams. These ultrasound exams allow us to view the female reproductive system in a way that cannot be seen during a routine exam. Gynecologic ultrasounds are useful in diagnosing patients who may have:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- For IUD insertion follow-up or re-evaluation of a lost device
- Ovulation studies for infertility
- Evaluation for pre-surgical or in-office procedures of the uterus
We have a state of the art GE Voluson E6 featuring 3D imaging capability which allows several different views of the same structure. We utilize vaginal scanning in most gynecologic ultrasound exams allowing better resolution of pelvic anatomy, providing the ability to better understand, diagnose, and treat certain conditions.
Preparing for your gynecological ultrasound exam
For all gynecologic ultrasound exams, we would like you to have a full bladder. We perform an abdominal scan first to get an overview of your pelvic anatomy which only takes a few minutes. After we have made an evaluation, we will ask you to empty your bladder prior to the vaginal scan.
- Drink 32 ounces of water at least one hour before your appointment time, but finish drinking all your water 30 minutes prior to your exam time.
- DO NOT empty your bladder before your exam.
If you have any questions about scheduling or preparing for your gynecologic ultrasound, please give us a call at 970-242-2429.